The CPAA is kicking off our GIVE A SH!RT campaign in conjunction with Value Village. You can take part by shopping or donating to our partner Value Village stores. The campaign runs from August 15th to September 30th.
When you shop or donate your items directly at these particular Value Village stores, proceeds go directly to the CPAA! You can visit these stores during their regular operating hours Monday to Saturday 9AM to 9PM and Sundays 10AM to 7PM.
Need more reasons to GIVE A SH!RT ?
When you donate your unwanted clothing and household items, you do more good for your community than you may even realize. Let’s count down the reasons.
- You help the CPAA! – Your donations help our cause through the partnership we have with Value Village™ thrift stores. By donating your unwanted items to the CPAA at a store, you help us with much needed support in serving our shared community.
- You help save valuable natural resources – For example, it takes up to 700 gallons of water to make a single new cotton T-shirt. By donating, you help offset the billions of gallons of water and other natural resources used in the production of clothing worldwide.
- You help keep items from landfills – The clothing industry is one of the world’s largest polluters, with the average North American throwing 81 pounds of clothing into landfills each year, 95 percent of which could be reused or recycled.
- You help reduce stress – Decluttering has been proven to have an immediate benefit to your disposition. Lightening up your closets will help lighten your mood.
- You help make somebody’s day – Whether it’s someone hunting for a forgotten thrifting treasure, materials for a DIY project, or an affordable wardrobe, your neighbors will benefit from your donations.