Creating a Life Without Limits…
In the past year, the CPAA experienced many successes as we worked towards creating a Life without Limits for individuals with disabilities. Some highlights of 2018 were:
- Our support services team helped over 1,030 families and individuals throughout Alberta.
- Over 65 requests for funding were approved for a variety of specialized equipment and therapies.
- There were 256 participants in a variety of recreational, sport and leisure programs, including music, dance, art, swimming, yoga and horticulture.
- The Collection Crew has, again this year, provided the CPAA with consistent annual revenue through the collection of used clothing and household goods, recyclable beverage containers, electronics and vehicles. The donation this year was 40% of our revenue.
- The Vacation Villa provided an accessible vacation opportunity to families at Raymond Shores Resort on Gull Lake.
- Special events such as the Life Without Limits Gala, Life Without Limits Challenge and the Golf Without Limits Tournament not only increase awareness but generate significant funds to support our programs and services such as the Funding Request Program and Vacation Villa.